Vomiting and Diarrhea Treatment Clinic in El Paso and Horizon City, TX
If you or someone you know is suffering from vomiting and diarrhea, come to UCare Urgent Care and Walk-In Clinic to seek treatment today. Our experienced doctors and medical staff provide comprehensive treatment. We are open 7 days a week, with convenient till 9:00 pm. Contact us today to speak to one of our specialists, or book an appointment online. We are a walk-in clinic located at Horizon City TX, on North Zaragoza Rd. in El Paso TX, and on Lee Trevino Dr. in El Paso TX.
Table of Contents:
When you experience vomiting or diarrhea, it is the body’s way of telling you to expunge something from your system. The cause of this can be hard to determine, as many things can trigger vomit or diarrhea. If you are unsure of what is causing your vomiting or diarrhea, come to UCare Urgent Care and Walk-In Clinic today!
If you’re experiencing nausea and vomiting it could be a simple issue, but you should still seek medical attention if it persists or you aren’t sure what’s causing it. Here are some common causes of vomiting that warrant a trip to urgent care:
If you are throwing up, call or go to the doctor or clinic for:
• Nausea, with a very bad headache
• Throw-up that is green or yellow
• Vomit that is bloody or looks black
• Severe stomach pain and nausea for 2 hours or more
Adults and children:
• Trouble retaining any fluids
• Signs of dehydration: dry skin, dry mouth, no tears, or little to no urination
• For children, no urination in the last 8 hours
• For adults, no urination in the last 12 hours
• Vomiting that exceeds 2 to 3 days
If you or your child vomits immediately after an antibiotic is administered contact your doctor. The doctor may decide to give you or your child an antibiotic shot instead of an oral antibiotic.
Here are some signs you should call your doctor if you are experiencing prolonged diarrhea:
1. You’re experiencing signs of dehydration: Diarrhea can cause dehydration because you’re losing so much liquid. In severe cases, dehydration can be life-threatening if it’s not treated. However, even if you don’t pass that threshold, being dehydrated feels awful and can easily be treated.
2. You have severe stomach or rectal pain: Severe stomach pain with diarrhea can signal many issues, from something as simple as gas to a potentially life-threatening condition like appendicitis.
3. There’s pus in your diarrhea: Pus is a liquid your body produces when trying to fight infection.
4. You have a fever of more than 102 degrees Fahrenheit: This generally indicates that you have some kind of infection that’s compromising your system.
5. You’re losing a lot of weight: If your diarrhea won’t stop and you lose a few pounds (on top of your normal fluctuations) in a few days, it could be a sign that you’re dealing with an issue like inflammatory bowel disease, a severe infection, or celiac disease.
In some cases, taking an antidiarrheal drug will slingshot you from water stools straight to constipation, an equally unpleasant event. To this end, try these helpful home remedies to treat a mild bout of diarrhea without the use of pills.
• Drink Plenty of Fluids
• Eat a Bland Diet
• Use Probiotics
If you or someone you know is experiencing vomiting or diarrhea, come to UCare Urgent Care and Walk-In Clinic today! We have trained professionals to help you diagnose, treat and prevent your symptoms! Contact our office today to get in touch with a specialist. To book an appointment, contact us or visit us online! We serve patients from El Paso TX, Horizon City TX, Lee Trevino Drive TX, Fort Bliss TX, Mission Valley TX, Resler Canyon TX, Alfalfa TX, Montwood TX, and BEYOND.